Tuesday 28 July 2009

My life in the Tudor Times...




Monday, 24th April 1559

It is 6:00 a.m., so again time to wake up. Actually, I am too tired to do anything today, but...do I have a choice? Not really. Today I am going to the market with my mother to sell the meat of our pigs because we really need this money.



The winter this year was really hard, so getting food for the pigs to make them fat was almost impossible...

Oh, I have to go now, my mother is just coming. If she catches me again writing my diary again, she will become very, very angry again because she says, it's a waste of time!

----------

I am back again, but only for a quick comment. We will go to the market this afternoon, so I will perhaps have a bit more time to write my diary than usual!

----------

I've just gone to the village centre to catch some water from the local pump for the whole family! Oh, I really hate this task, it is always such a hard work!



We will have some potatoes and bread for lunch today...as always, but, and this makes me really happy, perhaps we will also have some meat. Although we have to sell most of the meat of our pigs, my father said we should have some of it! That's fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment